Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing #10 RSS Reader

Before this assignment, I had no idea something like this even existed. A RSS reader is used to communicate updates of you favorite websites to one general location that you can check. This saves you tons of time, versus going out to all these websites to see if any new information has been posted. I really like the fact that once you go on this website and set it up to link to all your favorite websites, thats all the work you have to do. From then out it does the work for you. In school this would be great if your students were asked to update blogs or discussion boards. The RSS reader would tell you immediately when something was posted, and you wouldn't have to go searching for this information. In my personal life I can use the reader to keep me up to date on the latest news of all the websites I regularly check anyways.

For my RSS reader I set up I connected to websites about teaching, education, and chemistry. These websites will keep me up to date on the latest research in chemistry along with the most current information on how to be the best teacher I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment