Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing #4 Why Commenting is Important

Commenting helps create a sense of community and interaction by becoming a part of the life of the blogger. Typically what happens is if you comment on someone's blog, they will go read your blog in order to learn more about you. Blog commenters are usually very supportive and will point out what they agree on before criticizing kindly on what they don't agree on. Comments always elaborate on why, so that you know exactly why the commenter agrees or does not agree. Two points from the readings I found important were to always try to comment back even if its not publicly and to leave blog entries open ended or controversial to promote comments. These suggestions will help you get more comments and create the sense of community every blogger hopes to acquire.

The titles of the 7 blogs I chose to comment on were: 23 Thing from Mrs. Cruise, Mr. Jones 23 Things, The Amazing and Wonderful 23 Things According to Mrs. Pigg, Morgan's 23 Things, Mr. Braem's 23 Things, Science Teacher, and Coaching In and Out of the Classroom. I chose these blogs because I felt like I could most relate to what these people were saying, and they were enjoyable for me to read.

I commented to Rachel Cruise - "Your wedding pictures are beautiful! Any homework that allows you to look at wedding pictures and relive the moment sounds like great homework to me! I'll have to look into trying you these apps!"

I commented to Joshua Jones - "Your ability to connect with other people, no matter what age,"\ will be so helpful when teaching. I guess I would say the same for me, but didn't realize how important it was to teaching. I have to connect with high-schoolers, coworkers, and parents. These people range in age, but i feel like I am always able to relate somehow to them. It will make your job easier in the long run!"

I commented to Kyrie Pigg - "I like your idea of setting up a blog as a communication tool for parents. Teachers usually are given a website, with no instructions on how to use it. A blog would be much easier to manage, and you could just link it to your website! It would also be a way to post work/notes if a student was absent or lost theirs."

I commented to Morgan - "I also at first thought commenting on a strangers blog was like reading about their most personal thoughts, but after reading the articles I understand the importance of commenting. Bloggers blog to see what other people thing about certain topics. Without comments, the bloggers would never get any feedback and thats exactly what they are looking for!"

I commented to Riley Braem - "I think that your students and parents would love these uses of blogs in your classroom. The world is becoming so tech savvy, that many parents would probably prefer a blog or a central location online to communicate information through."

The reason I commented these things on my classmates' blogs was because after reading these post I felt like I had something to say to them. 

On the Science Teacher blog, I commented on her post about gardening. Being a gardener myself I enjoyed all the tips and tricks she gave for planting. I also enjoyed how she talked about the joy of teaching children to garden and provide food for their family for many many years to come. 

On the Coaching In and Out of the Classroom Blog, I commented on a post about things students can't do during the day. I enjoyed this blog because it was quite funny. He discussed the lull that many students have right after lunch, and how to combat them with things like running in the halls, sliding down rails, throwing paper airplanes, and rolling chairs in the halls. My comment was about how much I appreciated his humor even with all the stress of teaching. Next time i am tired or stressed i will have to use some of his tactics!



No comments:

Post a Comment