Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thing # 12 Google

The first google tool I chose to investigate was Google Scholar. In previous classes where I had to find specific articles or articles on a specific topic, I typically ran into trouble. The majority of the time I would find a title and an abstract that really interested me, but couldn't locate the full text. Google Scholar could come in handy as an extra database to check. The search engine is really easy to use. You can search very generally in the main search bar, or narrow your search parameters by using the drop down arrow to a more advanced search. You can use Google Scholar in almost any classroom. Basic more elementary uses could include searching for any article and teaching the student how to correctly site the work. More advance uses of Google Scholar in the classroom would be researching a particular topic and writing a correctly styled MLA or APA paper.

Next I decided to use Google Plus Photos to backup my wedding pictures. I had to download the app for the program, the upload all the pictures. Uploading the pictures took awhile, but it was something I needed to do and totally worth it in the end. Google Plus Photos links similar pictures together and plays them as a loop. This was really neat with our wedding pictures because it liked pictures together of us walking down the isle and our first dance. This would be really neat to use in an educational setting especially in a science class. A student could be in charge of taking pictures of the process of a chicken hatching or a science experiment, and then load them into Google Plus Photos. It would create a quick look of the experiment and could be shared with anyone. Enjoy below a screen shot from my Google Plus Photos creations, or click the link above to enjoy them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment