Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thing #6 Web 2.0 Tools

While looking through the tools from the go2web20 website, I found a very helpful tool called Mailbox. Mailbox is an app for your iPhone that I downloaded instantly. People look at my iPhone and say, "oh my! you have 2,000 emails on your phone. Doesn't that red bubble drive you crazy!" Well yeah it does, but the way the iPhone email organization is set up to me just doesn't appeal to me. So unfortunately I have thousands of emails that need to be deleted, but instead they just sit in my inbox. Mailbox claims to have redesigned the inbox to make email light, fast, and mobile-friendly. YOu can quickly swipe messages to your archive or trash. Scan an entire conversation at once or snooze emails until later with the tap of a button. Mailbox doesn't fall short of their claims either, this is a must-have app for any emailer on the go. I do not really see much use for this app in a library setting, but librarians could certainly teach students how to use it to manage their own mobile email accounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment