Monday, April 14, 2014

Thing # 15 The Wiki

Before thing #15, I had seen Wiki's and heard of them, but didn't realize how many possibilities there are within them. I visited the examples of Wikis provided, and enjoyed seeing how others used Wikis in a variety of ways. My favorite was the Resources for History Teachers Wiki, which allowed teachers to collaborate resources for teaching history. I learned that edited material could still be viewed at a later date, which made me feel more Wiki friendly. At first it scared me to think someone could just come delete my work and replace it with theirs, but then I realized the importance behind the collaboration on Wikis. I added text on the APSU 23 things sandbox from a previous post on my blog.

What I find most interesting about the Wiki is that there is a built in tool that can track each edit that is made. To truly collaborate you should be able to discuss why someone took it off your Wiki, and why they replaced the text with what they did. I would be interested in creating a Wiki for chemistry teachers in CMCSS. This would allow us to share resources and activities that works in our classroom. We could talk about how we taught lessons and receive input in what worked or didn't work for other teachers on the same pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment