Monday, April 14, 2014

Thing # 16 Get Organized

I chose to look at a UStart homepage, simply because this was the easiest of them to remember the name of. I liked how when you first opened the homepage it included things like, weather, a monthly calendar, and top news articles. I typically use Safari on my computer and it comes with a homepage that links to all your top viewed websites. UStart was very different, containing a lot more information than just your most viewed websites. I didn't like how you had to link all the websites to your homepage. I liked how my Safari homepage would automatically do that based off my most viewed websites.

Using 30 Boxes I created a monthly calendar and added a few dates to it. The calendar was really easy to set up and use, but not very convenient to my lifestyle. I need a calendar in front of me that I can pull out and check at any minute. I think managing this online calendar would be more of a hassle than its worth.

Zamzar is a very helpful tool i will be using in the future. This website allows you to convert one file type to the next. There are 4 simple steps to turn a file into a different format, just upload the file, click the type of file you want it to change into, type in your email, and click submit. They will email you the fine converted to the correct file type. This will be very useful when you have a PDF, but need to convert it to a Word document to be able to type on the document. There are many times I can think of off the top of my head that knowing about this website would have been really helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment